With the increasing popularity of social media marketing, video campaigns and SEO, businesses and marketers are in a dilemma about whether to invest in email marketing or not.
“Is email marketing still important?” Should a business use email marketing in 2023?
Are you juggling between these questions? If so, I am sure you might have heard that email marketing is old news. Or it is going to disappear from the online marketing world soon.
While some individuals claim that no one reads emails anymore, this is far behind the truth. Claiming this would be like asking whether communication, in general, is still important.
In reality, email marketing is even more significant in 2023. Don’t you agree?
Email is not going anywhere! It is the most reliable tool to market your business and help you grow your sales.
Facts don’t lie!
Here are a few stats to demonstrate email marketing’s dominance in the global marketing landscape.
In 2021 alone, the number of email users worldwide was about 4 billion which is predicted to increase to 4.6B in 2025.
It is expected that over 300B emails will be received and sent every day in 2023!
In 2023, it’s forecasted that half the world’s population will be using email. This means email’s popularity will keep on increasing in upcoming years.
So, in simpler terms, we can say that email marketing works for businesses. It is indeed one of the most powerful marketing tools to drive engagement, develop relationships, increase sales and deliver a higher ROI than every other marketing channel.
But to harness the power of email marketing, you need to have the right marketing tool. Using the best email marketing software will allow you to reap these benefits and take your business to the next level.
Fortunately, there is a huge range of sound, effective, and free email marketing automation tools, but again, from the plethora of email marketing software, it would be really hard to pick the right one for your business.
Nothing to worry about! We’ve put together a list of the top 10 email marketing for your business. But before utilizing the marketing software for your business let’s first understand what email marketing software is and how it is worth investing in the best email marketing software in 2023.
Email marketing software is service-based software that enables users to plan and execute the email marketing campaign. The marketers can create and send emails to a huge list of subscribers.
With the help of software, it becomes easier to create customized, well-designed, relevant emails. It also allows the marketers to track mail and check key metrics such as open rates and click-through rates.
Email marketing software helps you develop a reliable form of communication between your brand and your potential customers. It’s the most economical solution to reach target customers.
There’s enough data to mark the benefits of email marketing.
91% of US adults want to receive promotional emails in their inboxes from the companies they do business with. (MarketingSherpa)
An email message is almost 40 times more effective than Twitter & Facebook together in helping your business to get new customers. (McKinsey)
80% of professionals believe that email marketing increases customer acquisition and retention. (eMarketer)
Email marketing is more likely to boost sales than social media marketing. (Optinmonster)
Henceforth, email continues to be one the most effective ways to reach out to your clients and potential leads.
Try SendBuzz today and hit more inboxes with better conversions
The benefits of email marketing platforms
There are several benefits of using email marketing software for your business
- It helps to create targeted and personalized email
- Builds credibility
- Improves brand awareness
- Boosts sales
- Develops stronger customer relationships
- Drives traffic to your website
- Optimizes your time & budget
- Establishes authority
- Improves ROI
With this, you must have clearly understood the relevance of the email marketing platform for your business and why you need to invest in this marketing practice.
So, when you are clear that the email marketing trend is going to continue, let’s have a quick look at the best email marketing software in 2023. We have tested the top 10 email marketing software and considered email marketing software cost, features, functionality, and more to give you the best options.
SendBuzz is one of the best omnichannel sales engagement platforms that allow businesses to personalize their cold Omni channel outreach. It helps them to automate follow-ups and convert their leads into prospective customers.
SendBuzz not only lets you send automated emails and set up triggers but also helps you build new connections with the prospectus and approach them across multiple communication channels including LinkedIn, social media, WhatsApp, Text and even telecalling.
- SendBuzz is a smart multi-channel marketing platform that allows you to run email outreach campaigns, text campaigns, LinkedIn automation and WhatsApp automation within the same inbox with different sequences.
- It supports your all-inclusive email marketing strategy by creating amazing campaigns that buzz around your products and services.
- It has the feature to segregate your contacts into groups or segments. Using this feature, you’ll be able to connect to the right people and also develop smart-connection with the CRM integration.
- It lets you build emails using a no-code drag and drop email builder. With this email marketing software, you can write emails fast by simply dragging and dropping the elements instead of creating code for them.
- By using SendBuzz, you can create personalized emails in advance and automate their sending so that emails reach your subscribers at a suitable time.
- Sendbuzz has a good email deliverability rate which means it ensures that your emails appear in your subscribers’ inboxes and not in the spam folder.
Pricing : Send Buzz offers paid plans. It offers per inbox pricing and lets you connect multiple inboxes in your account.
Mailchimp is an all-in-one email marketing platform that helps you manage your email marketing campaign. Creating a Mailchimp account is completely free and can be created in a jiff. It’s the perfect choice for beginners and start-ups.
Mailchimp has a standard drag-and-drop editor feature. The email templates in Mailchimp are designed to meet different business goals for e-commerce businesses, publishers, coaches, service providers and more.
The platform offers tools like email automation, data segmentation, personalization, A/B testing, integration with CRMs and lead capture forms.
While it was introduced as a dedicated email-focused solution, the software offers much more today. It allows you to build a free website, appointment scheduling, domains, create paid ads, post social media posts, design landing pages and send printed postcards anywhere across the globe. If you have a small audience, Mailchimp is the best place to start.
- Easy to build and personalize the campaign
- Personalize individual content blocks within your emails with dynamic content
- Get analytical insights about your contacts so you can customize your marketing strategy.
- A/B testing (split testing) where you can split your audience to test the different variations in the campaign and identify high-converting messages.
- Design personalized customer journeys using conditional logic and branching points.
- Allows you to create online stores.
- Website hosting and landing page.
Pricing : Mailchimp is a great email marketing software free of charge. It gives a free plan for up to 2,000 contacts and single users. Its paid plans start at $11/month.
ActiveCampaign is the best email marketing software for automation as it has hundreds of pre-built automations that allow you to customize campaigns for each subscriber. It is a cost-effective email marketing platform and a fantastic option for small marketing teams as well as creators.
It offers you everything which you’d need to manage your email marketing campaigns such as automation, triggered emails, segmentation, email funnels, autoresponders, scheduling and A/B testing. It has help guides throughout the platform to support you in each step to get things right.
ActiveCampaign has quick and friendly customer support. The software is also enriched with advanced features like geo-tracking, conditional content, managed deliverability and multi-user editing. Geo-tracking feature reveals your subscriber’s location. As it is developed to manage contacts and the sales process, it offers over 850 integrations.
- Personalize the email content depending on any contact information you have.
- Segmentation and dynamic content help you smoothly customize your message and send targeted emails to the right subscriber.
- Multi-user editing allows you to update different fields in an email with subscriber information.
- A/B testing allows you to get the best-converting emails.
- You can use simple split testing to know which emails get more clicks, open and buy, or which email has more conversion rate.
- It has a built-in landing page builder.
Pricing : You can use this software for free for two weeks. Afterward, you will need to subscribe to one out of four paid plans. For this plan, you can pay monthly or annually. If you choose to pay annually, you will get a 15% to 40% discount. The cost of each plan also varies depending on the number of contacts you have. The pricing starts at $29/month.
Zoho is an on-demand software that helps to manage your critical customer relations efficiently. It offers a complete portfolio of business software. It’s an amazing tool that simplifies and automates your sales, marketing, project management, team collaboration and other support from a single platform. This easy-to-use software application is covering 6.95% of the entire CRM market.
For email marketing campaigns, its integration with Zoho CRM will be highly beneficial. This integrated approach makes Zoho a perfect option for businesses looking to replace a different collection of legacy software.
It provides you the opportunity to connect to the consumers through multiple channels like email, social media platforms, telephone, live chat, and portals. This is the best email marketing software for businesses which is at their early stage and looking to quickly pick up and run.
If the idea of an integrated suite of business applications with a dependable, well-designed UI and a standalone email marketing system attracts you, Zoho should surely be on your radar. You’ll enjoy the added benefit of a single source of support across various teams.
- Get engaged with your clients via multiple channels like email, social media, telephone, live chat, surveys, etc.
- Communicate & coordinate with your team associates with a real-time messaging tool.
- Lead and contact management, opportunity tracking, sales pipeline management, lead import, data analysis and more anywhere, anytime without limitation.
- Zoho automates complex tasks, streamlines the processes and thereby increases team productivity.
- Workflow automation streamlines manual tasks and improves performance with real-time reporting and analytics.
- Heat maps and pie charts help the manager and sales representative easily understand the sales data.
- Website visitor tracking, gamification, campaign segmentation and multivariate testing.
- It provides a wealth of education and help resources.
- 24/7 phone support.
Pricing : Zoho CRM offers a free version that works perfectly for new businesses. The free version has limited features but the paid plan allows you to unlock several unique features to help you automate marketing tasks and track customer and contact data. You can opt for a monthly and yearly plan and also switch to a different plan whenever you want.
Drip is the best email marketing software for e-commerce businesses because of its seamless integration with eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify and Magento. You can use eCommerce CRM data to develop a custom-made marketing plan. Sophisticated contact list or email list segmentation depending on any number of criteria like purchase history, clicks, email opens and more would be the added advantage of Drip.
The software will send personalized emails to subscribers triggered by their shopping behaviors on your web portal. The subscribers will also receive timely follow-ups depending on how they interact with your emails. It provides user support to help with issues setting up and using the features properly.
With advanced segmentation and customization, you can hyper-target your campaigns to improve user engagement. The software makes it easy for you to incorporate the power of SMS into your e-commerce marketing by integrating SMS marketing. The SMS are cued by specific triggers, from sign-ups, click-throughs and to a sequence of messages sent out as per a scheduled calendar. The SMSs can be sent for a variety of engagements such as abandoned cart reminders, promotional deals, etc.
- You can communicate with your customers irrespective of their location from email to SMS to social media and many more.
- E-commerce CRM allows you to learn more about your clients so you can generate targeted and customized email marketing campaigns.
- Drip can collect revenue-attribution data from your e-commerce store so you can make better marketing decisions.
- SMS automation can help to drive engagement with buyers.
- Easy to set up and use
- Excellent customer support
- Segmentation and reporting on email campaigns.
Pricing : Drip offers a 14-day free trial. After that, you need to choose one plan out of four. The plan ranges from $19 to $ 49 per month depending on the number of contacts in your account.
MailerLite is an effective email marketing tool and website builder for businesses. Its simplicity has made it popular in the business world. It offers straightforward and user-friendly tools such as a website builder, drag & drop email editor and an instinctive subscriber management interface.
The software helps to create professional and personalized marketing campaigns. It offers you the basics you need for successful email marketing such as surveys, pop ups, templates, automation, e-commerce tools, A/B testing, abandoned carts and landing pages. MailerLite also integrates with a variety of eCommerce platforms and marketing tools like Zapier, WordPress, Shopify, Magneto and more.
Everything about MailerLite is geared toward growth from eCommerce campaign functionality to segmentation, automation, promotional pop-ups, and the ability to create landing pages. The software provides educational content like tutorials, monthly webinars and marketing guides along with quick round-the-clock customer support and a Forever Free Plan.
- A landing page builder and website builder for fast online asset build.
- User-friendly interface that helps the users to quickly design attractive emails and share them with prospective readers.
- Pop-ups and embedded forms allow you to earn more leads.
- The drag-and-drop email editor helps to easily and quickly design stunning emails, newsletters and landing pages
- Customize your campaigns using advanced targeting features.
- Trial, experiment, and simplify your emails to enhance your email marketing benchmarks.
Pricing: MailerLite is free for 12,000 emails every 30 days and up to 1,000 unique subscribers. Pricing starts at $10/month. For a maximum of 2,500 contacts the growing business plan will cost you $17/month, then $32/month for 5,000 subscribers, $54/month for 10,000 contacts or $87/month for 15,000 contacts.
Are you searching for software to boost your marketing efforts across multiple channels? If so, be sure to check out Campaigner. Advanced email marketing automation, many third-party integrations and round-the-clock live chat support are some of the powerful features of this software. It’s a nicely refined and intuitive interface including a wide selection of templates that make it stand out.
You can use campaigner to create email workflows, track leads, nurture prospects, and personalize every aspect of your emails. If you simply want to design your email, it offers hundreds of built-in, responsive templates.
Most email marketing platforms offer a good collection of email templates, so this isn’t really a unique selling proposition for this software. But, Campaigner offers extra value in terms of a sophisticated template management system with limited access and tagging features to design or organize your templates. This is especially helpful if you’re working as part of a huge team. With this excellent template customization feature, branding is really easy.
Another aspect that takes it one step ahead is by incorporating a ready-made image editing tool. It allows you to customize your visual assets without having to move to another editing tool.
Its reporting features also grab your attention. Its inclusive reports are the standard things like open and click rates, but this involves geolocation reporting that enables you to narrow down on how your email marketing campaigns are working per location.
- Powerful automation workflows allow you to increase your sales and revenue.
- Highly personalized email automation campaigns and triggered campaigns.
- Email templates to create stunning and 100% responsive emails that drive action.
- The most powerful reporting, acknowledgment and analytics toolkit in the email marketing sector. Drive bottom-line sales and revenue using this data.
- A/B testing to get the best-converting emails.
- Successful delivery of your email campaigns to the inbox.
- Grow your subscriber list using sign-up forms and landing pages.
Pricing : Affordable pricing has been Campaigner’s one of the biggest enticements, especially among smaller businesses looking to engage in an email marketing campaign. For a database of up to 1,000 contacts, Campaigner’s initial plan will cost $19.95 per 30 days which is a good entry point. For 5,000 contacts you will need to spend $40.95 per month.
Are you running a small business and looking for the best email marketing solution for yourself? If yes, Consider Sendinblue because it is designed for small to medium size businesses. It is an all-in-one software covering different business communications types, including SMS, Email, Facebook, Live Chat, CRM, and more.
Its advanced and notable features incorporate beefier automation, a new professional template creation service and baked-in customer relationship management (CRM). The software allows you to focus on your core task by putting the rest on autopilot with automation.
With this email marketing software, you can create professional-looking emails in no time with the help of its email builder or email template, but the real magic is in the platform’s mixture of features. Using chat, emails, SMS marketing, CRM and automation, you’ll find it easy to manage smarter and more compelling email campaigns. The software also provides built-in Facebook Ads functionality, making it possible to retarget subscribers and attract new leads.
- A shared inbox so you can never lose track of your clients in email history.
- 60+ responsive email templates.
- Template Editor, A/B Testing and campaign scheduling.
- Transactional emails like purchase confirmations, password resets and shipping updates and SMS.
- Advanced Segmentation and Customer Data Platform.
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager.
- Advanced Tracking, Integrations and Plugins.
- Enterprise infrastructure with dedicated IP and Single-Sign-On.
- Custom contract with metered billing.
- Built-in CRM, SMS and Chat.
- Email & SMS campaign management
- Facebook Ads functionality for lead generation.
- Contact Segmentation allows you to make your emails more relevant by targeting smaller groups of contacts with a personalized message.
Pricing : Sendinblue is free for up to 300 emails/day to unlimited contacts. The cost for sending up to 10,000 emails is $25/month. It will increase up to $99 per month for 100,000 emails. A premium package that includes all the features and unrestricted automation starts at $65 per 30 days for 20,000 emails and goes up to $599 per month for 1,000,000 emails.
GetResponse is the best email marketing platform for small businesses and it’s widely used by marketers across industries. It’s got an affordable price tag and a good-size list of alluring third-party integrations. Businesses can use email automation, email templates, segmentation, integrated marketing tools, landing pages, automated messaging, autoresponders and analytics to improve their email marketing effort to achieve their business marketing goals.
Since we last tested GetResponse, it has included several enhancements incorporating web push notifications and email chat. It also has a neat Auto Funnel feature that offers a built-in marketing funnel for email marketing campaigns. In essence, GetResponse offers a set of powerful features geared toward your brand growth.
- Autoresponders to send welcome emails, educational series and follow-ups. The automated email sequences can boost conversion rates and can be a simple yet effective tool in your email marketing strategy.
- One-click integration to manage powerful retargeting campaigns with Facebook Pixel.
- You can set up pre-fixed delivery times and schedules, analyze their effectiveness, and regulate them as needed.
- From A/B testing to an all-inclusive analytics tool that tracks the performance of email campaigns.
- With an intuitive drag-and-drop email design tool, marketers and managers of all skill levels can build unique email designs.
- Website visitor tracking allows you to send related communication depending on page visits.
- Streamlined list building and segmentation tool to nurture your email list.
- Allows you to create landing pages for lead and sales generation.
- Create paid ads for Instagram, Facebook and Google.
Pricing : GetResponse offers a free trial for one month. Pricing starts at $13.12/month. It has four pricing models Basic, Plus, Professional, and MAX and interestingly it has a free 30-day trial for each plan. GetResponse is a viable option for businesses of various sizes and budgets.
Moosend is a great cloud-based email marketing platform with marketing automation for managing various email campaigns, newsletters, mailing lists, and more. When you compare email marketing software, you’ll find that it is the most affordable option for smaller businesses. It has a free plan, but even if you don’t wish to sign up for its free plan, you’ll find it the economical option to run an email marketing campaign successfully.
Moosend allows you to collect and store data about your subscribers which is the key to segmentation, customizing content, and implementing trigger emails. With this, you can segregate your email lists based on different customer behaviors. This way, your subscribers will find your personalized emails quite relevant which will help you to stand out.
You can embed custom sign-up forms in your website or emails to capture customer details that allow you to grow your email list. Once you have an extensive list of subscribers, you can use email marketing automation features and create workflows to send your emails at the optimal time.
- Dashboard displays changes in your subscriber count, upcoming and past broadcasts, and your email contact lists.
- A/B testing to measure user engagement in multiple versions of your emails.
- Email editor to create custom and professional emails
- Data analytics to track unsubscribes, clicks, opens, social shares, etc.
- More than 40 free responsive templates.
- Ready-made blocks access product listings from your online store into emails.
- Excellent support via a live chat help desk and a stacked knowledge base.
- 75 clean and modern-looking, built-in email templates to improve your campaign.
Pricing : Moosend is an excellent value for money. It offers a 30 days free plan that includes subscription and sign-up forms as well as reporting and analytics. For more features like transactional emails, you will have to sign up for its Pro plan which starts at $10 per month.
Which Platform Should You Choose?
When you’re looking for email marketing software for your business, one of the major perks of the market is the sheer volume of options. Though we have highlighted the top 10 email marketing software in this post, still, there is a lot to consider. The most important things you need to pay attention to while picking the best email marketing automation tool are mentioned below. Have a look
- A few common elements- price, subscriber counts, ease of use, and functionality of each and every software.
- A smarter way to pick the perfect platform is to create a list of goals you want to accomplish with email marketing and what your brand needs from it. You might need to keep an eye on the features like A/B testing, HTML editing, template variety, automation, email volume, and customer service.
- Decide what type of emails you want to create and send. Several software are specifically designed for transactional emails such as Mailchimp, Sendiblue and Drip. But if you choose other software to send newsletters, these options might not be helpful.
- Create a shortlist of the app. Consider the top 10 email marketing software explained in this post. Now check which will match your email marketing needs.
- Test your new platform wherever possible before being locked into an annual plan. Demos are great, but we recommend trials that offer all functionality you need for an email marketing campaign. This will help you to understand the limitations before you’re committed to a year-long plan.
- Software plans are also selected depending on how many subscribers you have. As a transactional business, email marketing software uses the number of subscribers or contacts and emails you’ll send.
- There are software which work perfectly for the specific industry and business type, as every company will have different needs. So, it is recommended to go for a trial to test the product’s effectiveness before purchasing.
When you have selected an email marketing software, keep one thing in mind your decision isn’t set in stone. If you are not satisfied with your current choice, you can always switch platforms.
Want to grow your outreach? Try SendBuzz today!
Final Thoughts: The Best Email Marketing Service
As I have mentioned at the beginning of this post, there have been rumors in the online marketing landscape that email marketing is dead. But these are all lies because emails are alive. It is not only one of the most reliable modes of communication for businesses but online communication too. It was important and will continue to be popular in 2023.
Email marketing remains the most effective tool for any business to reach engaged customers provided you do it in a professional manner. And that is why there is no shortage of email marketing software to choose from. We have evaluated some of the most popular platforms to match your email marketing needs, drive your sales and improve your ROI.
As the multichannel sales-engagement platform, you can opt for SendBuzz as it integrates major technologies and services where your potential customers might roam including email, social media outreach, text marketing and more. To try SendBuzz, you can visit their sales engagement platform and get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Create catchy subject lines to grab the attention of non-openers to open your emails. Use a cliffhanger in your subject line.
- Enhance your preheader text as they are super important.
- Make your CTA (Call To Action) button contextual.
- Make reader engagement a priority.
- Keep the subject line short to stand out on mobile.
- Use frequency capping (a feature that allows you to restrict the number of mailers your subscribers will receive during specific hours.
- A/B tests your email content frequently.
- Maintain your email list.
- Keep it short and crispy.
- Pay attention to your email send time.
- Do not resend it straight away. Ideally, you should wait for 3-5 days to resend the same email to non-openers.
- The first step is finding a provider that works best for your company. There are countless email marketing platforms in the market, like MailChimp, Moosend and Campaigner all with unique features. Select the one that makes sense for your business.
- Consider the overall goals of your email marketing and online marketing effort.
- Build your contact list.
- Plan and implement your initial email marketing operation.
- Test and refine. Track different aspects of your email such as deliverability, click-through rate, open rate and conversion rate.
- Sending emails that lack personalization
- Not sending a welcome mail
- Using irrelevant subject lines
- Failing to give customers clear subscription options
- Overdesigning and crowding your email content
- Over-sending Emails
- Not understanding your reader’s interest
- Getting your emails flagged as spam
- Sending the wrong or irrelevant content
- Skipping Email Segmentation