What is Google Ads?
Google Ads are online advertisements that businesses can use to promote their products and services on Google and its advertising network. Google Ads allows businesses to set a budget for their advertising campaigns and target their ads to certain groups of people.
With Google ads, advertisers can run various forms of advertising campaigns including Google Search ads, Display ads, retargeting ads, lead generation form ads, and more. Google Ads is not limited to that, brands can also promote their businesses across the Google partner sites and manage their YouTube ads campaigns as well from the same dashboard.
Types of Google Ads
Here are some of the most commonly used Google Ads formats:
- Search Ads: These are the ads that appear at the top of the Google search results page when someone searches for a keyword that is related to your ad.
- Display Ads: These are the ads that appear on websites and apps that are part of the Google Display Network.
- Video Ads: These are video ads that appear on YouTube and other partner video sites.
- Shopping Ads: These are the ads that appear on Google shopping and other partner websites.
- App Ads: These are the ads that appear in mobile apps and games.
- Local Ads: These are the ads that appear when someone searches for a business or service in a specific location.
Process of Starting Your First Campaign on Google Ads
Here is the simple process flow to run your first campaign on Google ads:
- Log into your Google Ads account.
- Click on the “+” button to create a new campaign.
- Select your campaign type.
- Enter your campaign name.
- Select your target audience.
- Select your campaign budget.
- Set your bid amount.
- Enter your ad text.
- Select your ad keywords.
- Review your ad before submitting it.
Benefits of running Google Ads
As we know, Google is the biggest search engine on the planet. Thus, if you are looking forward to promoting your brand online and let users search for solutions to find your website, then Google Ads is the best option to try.
Also, every business niche is becoming competitive and instead of investing a lot of time to generate traffic organically, Google ads allow traffic to grow from day zero. When used correctly, Google Ads can be an effective way to drive traffic to a website or online store. Google Ads can also be used to target a specific audience, which can be helpful for businesses that are selling products or services to a specific market.